Saturday, May 28, 2011

Book Review: Couples Who Pray Together by SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt

I received my first book from BookSneeze  for free in exchange for an honest review two weeks ago. Couples Who Pray by SQuire Rushnell  (Author of the bestseller When God Winks at You) and Louise DuArt (entertainer and talk-show host) is surely a book that changes our marriage for good and for yours too!

I grow up in a family that prays together every night and day. I grow up witnessing how God moves His hands to do the things which we can't do every time we pray. When I got married, I continued this tradition with my family before going to bed. But praying as couples, it's inconsistent...if only we can find time or during times that we  faced with BIG problems  I could now assessed that we've not really committed ourselves to joint-prayer as husband and wife. I do pray for my husband, alone. He does pray for me, alone. Why not practiced praying together even for few minutes a day where we can share our innermost thoughts and concerns with our spouses? If the authors and other celebrities like Denzel and Pauletta Washington and Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford, to mention a few, find time EVERY DAY to pray as couples for five minutes amidst their hectic schedules- more hectic schedules than ours, why can't we? On those days that we pray together as couples we experienced happiness for answered prayers, how much joy would it be if we committed ourselves to pray together every day? 

The testimonies of the authors and other celebrities were really inspiring. As they bare themselves before God in prayer for a minimum of five minutes a day for forty days, they experienced extraordinary results like soar in lovemaking satisfaction, elevation of spousal communication, respect rises, miracles, financial breakthroughs and happiness that this world can't give. If they all claim they successfully accomplished something by simply praying together, then it won't be far to happen to us as we're on our tenth day. Moreover, a result of a research conducted provides an evidence that couples who pray together has tangible results.

I came across lots of articles about praying together but this one inspires me a lot, so far . The contents are mostly encouraging, blessed and filled with hope. It seems like the authors are in front of me talking with smiles and showing me on what's the best thing to do in our marriage. Indeed this book is a must-have for every couple. It will be an eye-opener for everybody that the couple that pray together are the couple that stay together. Furthermore, this book has everything you need to begin a more intimate and rewarding relationship. It also offers simple tips to make your marriage better than before and sweeter as the days go by!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”







Her and History

0 comments:

Share Your Thoughts!

This is a DO FOLLOW blog. Your comments are moderated. Your comments will make a history...so let's keep it friendly and memorable:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © Her and History. Old Timer Theme created by WAHMaholic Blog Designs. Emoticons by BabyDoll.