Saturday, November 27, 2010

These food wait for us!

I'm already excited to go home and eat the food I missed for 3 years already!!! Here's a smorgasbord of food photo I saw from Placernon Surigao facebook account . For those who don't know yet, I came from one of the barangays of Placer. Placer is a 4th class municipality in the province of Surigao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 21,542 people in 4,237 households. Placer is just a little coastal town but rich in mineral and marine resources.

First and foremost, my parents will welcome us with Lechon, or litson in Filipino (or, I suppose, in any Philippine dialect). It's basically a roasted pig.

I can't wait to taste the crispy skin of a perfect lechon that melts in your mouth after the initial bite. Then I'll attack the belly next, it's where the secret herbs and spices come in close contact with the meat.Just looking at the photo makes me drool to the bones!

Next comes the Dinuguan ( pork blood stew, blood pudding stew). It's a Filipino savory stew of blood and meat (typically stomach, intestines, ears, heart and snout) simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili (most often siling mahaba), and vinegar. I only eat dinuguan prepared by my very own Papa Ben.


Oh , I remembered Humba (sugar-braised pork). I want to taste its tangy and sweet together. I could eat loads of rice with it.

Placer has fresh fish all day long and fresh danggit (rabbitfish or spinefoot) is really good to be fried, as paksiw or even for tinola except for the painful fact that cleaning them is a hellish experience!

Placer is rich with Fresh Bulinaw (anchovy) in the market. It' s great for kinilaw with cassava as side dish!

The ginamos (fish paste) in Placer is the best! I love eating it with rice, cooked or ripe banana and raw mango. You have to add vinegar or lemon so it will not be too salty. I like adding chili on it mmmmm yummy! Thinking of it makes me drool!

Once again we could visit my hubby's grandma's farm and harvest fresh coconut. We could eat all we can!

Placer is rich of cheap and fresh seafood. One can choose from a varieties of shells and clamps, prawns, fishes, crabs, lobsters and the list goes on. And the restaurants in PLacer offer varieties of tastes and serving methods like deep fry, stir fry, steam and so on. One only needs to ask the recommendations from restaurant owners and they will be happy to recommend to you what is nice. After that, all you need to do is to wait for the dishes to be served and enjoy.



I promise myself that I will not deprived it with the good food our town could offer. All I need to do now is to compile fast weight loss tips to be used after I will satisfy my tummy cravings!

Her and History

0 comments:

Share Your Thoughts!

This is a DO FOLLOW blog. Your comments are moderated. Your comments will make a history...so let's keep it friendly and memorable:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © Her and History. Old Timer Theme created by WAHMaholic Blog Designs. Emoticons by BabyDoll.