Saturday, April 10, 2010

no work, no pay

Whew! It's Saturday already and as I checked my last post was only last Monday. Where am I? I'm taking a break from blogging for a while.I needed a time for myself with God because I felt that I'm running after "online opportunities" and they kept on evading me..gelakguling! It's summer time, it's vacation (though I'm on staycation mode) and I'm supposed to enjoy it instead of killing myself with pressures to stay online for the whole day looking ways to earn even in little ways or fretting on how to survive.

You see on April we're on vacation which means we don't have work so there's no salary at the end of the month. We've been asking our schools to grant us even half of our salary on April but still those pleas fall on deaf ears. There's no such thing as bonuses , 13th month pay or salary increase in our school.

But hey don't you worry for us, God is good to us. We've survived for the past 3 years, I know the same thing is going to happen for us this month and the months to come. Why worry when we can pray, right?

Though my school has some shortcomings, I'm still grateful to God for the following:

1. my school is one of the schools who offered higher salary for Filipino teachers here in Hatyai City
2. my co-teachers (both foreigners and Thai) are kind, accommodating, helpful and won't stab you on your back
3. we could cash advance during emergencies
4. pay for our visa fees and work permit (other schools won't cover these expenses)

I've been working on my other blog Our adventures Together, so you'll usually meet me there. It gained PR 2 so once in a while I've been offered to write some sponsored posts there. I'm also helping a Thai friend about her thesis "Efficiency of using Role-playing in developing Listening and Speaking Skills in English of Mathayomsuksa1 students". We're still on Chapter 2 on Review of Literature and related Research. This also eating my time. She promised to pay me for my hours spent on doing the research. This would be a great help in finances.

I would appreciate if you could include us in your prayersdoa.

PS. Sorry Marces- Peh, Kaye, Kikamz, Yami, Chris, Fedhz, Liz, Mye, Niko, Seiko and Jade if I'm not leaving any trails while visiting your blogs. I make it up to you as soon as I'm done with my current project. Love you galslove!

Her and History

6 comments:

..its so amazing on how GOD faithfully takes care of evrything..bsan la sweldo..mao d jud mg salig sa sweldo...salig jud kay GOD..

 

hey, no worries. ako lalo di na nakablog-hop. inaatake n nmn ako ng katam. hahaha

 

Don't worry about it sweetie...ako rin nga di na nakakapag comment eh...

 

Share Your Thoughts!

This is a DO FOLLOW blog. Your comments are moderated. Your comments will make a history...so let's keep it friendly and memorable:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © Her and History. Old Timer Theme created by WAHMaholic Blog Designs. Emoticons by BabyDoll.